Thursday, February 23, 2012

Walking the Water talk


I will first start off my story with a review of the boots I bought for the journey to Uganda. I bought them from Swank, a local downtown shoe store in Saskatoon. Frye boots (http://www.thefryecompany.com) ...$500... all of my tips, Christmas Money, Birthday money and then some. Yet, so worth every single penny!
I bought them 3 weeks before my departure and wore them at least a little every day until I wore them for 12 days straight.
Just so happened I had a guest come in the salon before I departed, who has had the same pair for 3 years, they looked so great broken in, a reaffirmed splurge!
They are the perfect boot for any adventure....easily taken off at 5 different airports, sand, mud, cement, the shower, the slums, several very unsanitary latrines, a 6 km walk around a volcanic crater, a swept red sand pathway to a rural home, to the shores of both Lake Mburo & Lake Victoria!
The perfect boot for my walk the talk Watercan journey to Uganda! I will definitely be wearing them for the 2012 Walk for Water on April 22 2012 in Saskatoon

No comments:

Post a Comment